Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Up all night

For this first time since becoming a parent I brought one of the girls downstairs in the middle of the night, turned on the light and let her play at 2am. A week ago Halle Kate was up every night for several hours in the middle of the night. Normally I'll rock them as long as it takes but I won't turn on a light/play/talk. This night I could tell HK wasn't having it and I figured maybe she'd get tired enough playing that we could go back to bed. It eventually worked but she was hyper for a while. These pictures were taken from about 2:30-3:30am.
What puppy dogs and kitty cats are to Matney baby dolls are to Halle Kate. She LOVES baby dolls. When we walk in Target she starts screaming "baby, baby" and point toward the baby doll row. Seriously, I don't think we could have enough baby dolls in the house for her. Matney owned one baby and never played with it (at least not until HK wants to play with it now). Halle Kate carries one around everywhere. Other than their hair color Matney and HK are still proving to be total opposites!













We eventually put her babydoll to bed and HK took a little rest on the Elmo bed herself. Then she got a second wind and played with blocks, brushed her teeth, drew on the magnetic board and read a little Dora before we finally went back to bed around 4am. I am so so SO ready for an entire month of sleeping through the night!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my, for the first time! Wow, you are awsome. I have done it to many times to count LOL