Monday, July 16, 2012

Robot Recovery

Somewehere along the way during HK's fun bday weekend she picked up a stomach bug. She acted kind of pitiful on Monday morning but I thought she was just sleepy and we headed to the gym like normal. Just as we pulled in the parking lot my sweet girl started barfing everywhere. I will spare you the details but it was really bad. I pulled up to the gym door and grabbed some towels, cleaned her up as best I could and we went home.

Here she is in new clothes. Is that not the saddest picture you've ever seen? She was sick, she didn't understand what happened but the worst part was that she'd barfed all over Robot and he was in the washing machine. No Robot to cuddle when you don't feel good is traumatizing for HK. But then I had an idea...

We were still one day away from her official bday but I knew that in a box in my dining room I had lots of robots sent from Aunt Sassy and Aunt Connie and I thought that, given the situation, they would approve of an early bday gift. In the above picture I'd told HK I had something that would make her feel better. Can you tell she perked up?

So she closed her eyes and I put 5 Kauzbots on her lap. She opened her eyes, looked down and didn't know what to think. I love all her funny facial expresions.

Once I explained that they were robots for her she got really interested.

I hate that this is blurry but I was trying to take pics as fast as she was moving. Look at her hands. Open fisted and starting to grab. Ha!

And then she totally went nuts. Give a robot lover 5 new bots is speaking her love language.

Eventually she wanted to cuddle just the blue one and I went to clean my car and call TX to say that the Aunts had saved the day! We currently have Robot city in HK's room. All the Kauzbots live on her beanbag and watch her while she sleeps. If you don't know about these guys, esp if you know someone who likes robots and needs a gift, go check them out. Great robots for a great cause!

No comments: