Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Phone Dump

We've been going in a million directions all summer. Here are some fun pictures from my phone.

 The new Disney Princess movie came out in June. Matney had some birthday gift cards left over (thanks again, Aunt Ickie, but I think the person who gives the Toys R Us card should be the one to spend hours in the store with the girls! ha!) and before we saw the movie we went to Toys R Us and M picked out the new princess doll. She is obsessed with Merida (the princess) and asks every day for her size of the Merida dress so that they match. All stores around here have been sold out since before the movie started leaving Matney to say that she may have to ask Santa.


We stayed home for the 4th of July but Matney still made sure she wore the right clothes. The girls ended up being given several cute red, white and blue dresses.
HK still loves Robot and her robot jammies. Sweet girl. And yes, someday I will get that chair recovered! Even now we all love to cuddle in my "grandmama chair". So thankful to have it!

We went to the beach in June. J's office has a place on Amelia Island we were able to use. It was beautiful and I'll do a full post on that soon. HK didn't like the beach - she didn't mind the sand but said the "big ocean waves are too loud" so she didn't spend much time there. Matney loved going to the beach with Daddy in the morning. Here they are looking for shells.

Kind of out of order but when we took our trip to Toys R Us HK had some bday money left too. I tried to talk her into something from the movie since we'd see it the next day but she was only interested in a talking Captain Hook.

We've had fun days outside with our friends.

We've gone to lots of birthday parties.

This is a little older but Matney likes to sleep with all of her princess dolls.

Sweetest thing ever. HK hasn't taken a nap in a really long time but she wore herself out one day and fell asleep on my back. So glad I had my phone to document the moment. She didn't sleep long, and I couldn't cuddle her, but I ate it up!

Meet HK Captain America!

Shew weee! If you've never seen HK pitch a fit then you've not been here too often....and you are lucky. This kid can get so mad so quickly. Pretty sure we all know which side of the gene pool she gets that temper from!

Twice our washing machine has gone nuts. Once it quit working and once it decided to drain water into the house and not the drain line. I was in the bathroom downstairs when it started "raining". Thank goodness I was home and it didn't ruin the floor/ceiling. Jared and my dad spent LOTS of hours getting it fixed both times. Thanks, guys. I can't function without my washer!

HK was a great washing machine repair helper.

Too short boy pants that she took out of a pile to give away, Thomas the train shirt, Robot and a Towmater hat make the perfect outfit.

We've had lots of fun since school got out. I did finally find my camera so I'll get real pics on soon.

No comments: