Friday, November 2, 2012

Parade and Fireworks!!!!

We grabbed a seat on the curb at 6:45 for an 8pm parade and 9pm fireworks...and within minutes people were pressing in all around us. We took turns walking around with the girls and then Disney Dad showed back up with ice cream!



 
Here comes the parade! I seriously think that Jared was the most excited out of all of us. Check out his grin! He was like the Cheshire Cat the entire night.


 
Matney looks like she is hooked up to an oxygen tube....Mickey and Tinkerbell dropped off lots of glow necklaces, magic wands, etc for the parade. I have inside info that says they sell these things at the Dollar Store. They also walk around selling them at the parade for LOTS more than $1! If you're going it may be smart to send Mommy Mickey to the Dollar Store before you leave town.

 
Matney struggled to pick her toy to buy but she finally decided on a baby Rapunzel. She cuddled her all during the parade.


 

Once again HK became buddies with a stranger next to us. The lady was nice enough to give the girls her unopened bag of cotton candy. Halle Kate sure knows how to pick friends!

 This is what we saw for much of time in the parks. I sure do love those heads and tiny legs!

 
Seriously, we look like we'd been drinking! Taking two toddlers to Disney World is no joke!
 
After the parade ended everyone was told to crowd into the street and pull forward for the fireworks. They used the sidewalks to get people out who were not staying after the parade. It was the most crazy, claustrophobic mess. Had we wanted to turn around and get out I don't know how we could have done it....and we were not even near the front of main street.


Matney loved every single second of night. At one point, I think when Tinkerbell went flying over the crowd, I looked up and she had her mouth covered with her hand in awe. Wish I had a picture of that. What I did have was a sleeping HK in my arms. She watched the first minute of the fireworks, said they were too loud, covered her ears, buried her head in my neck....and fell fast asleep. Baby girl slept through all the big booms and cheers and I was so worried about keeping her calm I didn't get any more pictures. Just imagine that Jared and Matney had mouths wide open with huge grins.

 
My one try at a firework picture. Total fail.
 
When it was over we headed back to the ferry and to our car. As soon as I tried to get HK into the stroller she woke up and was in a fine mood, thank goodness! For as crowded as it took less than 30 minutes to get back to our car at the end of the night. Much easier than we anticipated!  

No comments: