Saturday, December 12, 2009

one more time

So, I'm going to try to catch up on blogging on more time. The last several weeks have just been crazy. The Monday of Thanksgiving week Matney got sick. Halle Kate got it Tuesday, I was sick by Wednesday, Jared went downhill on Friday, even my poor mama was crazy ill. We all stayed sick for two weeks and then J and I finally got well. The girls and my mom have decided they have the plague! I finally took Matney to the children's urgent care last Sunday morning and 48 hours of an antibiotic made a HUGE difference. She'd been awake, screaming, for most of the previous nights and now she's back to sleeping great. Halle Kate is on an antibiotic now too so we're hopeful that everyone will stay well!

This past week was our annual Small Group Girls Christmas Party/Ornament exchange and it was at our house again this year. That was Wednesday night and I am so mad at myself for not getting pictures. Ladies, I am so thankful for all our years of friendship! Then Thursday morning we had playgroup here and Thursday night I went to my first cookie swap. Talk about a crazy week! And does anyone know how long it takes to bake 8 dozen cookies???? A LONG FLIPPING TIME. I think next year I may take slice and bake and not care. Oh my gracious. Needless to say there were several long days and nights leading up to Wednesday night trying to get things cleaned, decorated, cooked, etc. I am so glad last week is over!

Peppermint Meltaways. I used my big girl mixer and everything!

Matney enjoyed licking the mixer parts once I was finished. No worries to those of you who ate my cookies, they were already in the oven before she started slobbering on things!


No comments: