Thursday, January 10, 2013

Evelyn Update

The nursery is finished, I’ll be full term (37 weeks) in a few days and we’re almost ready for Evelyn to arrive! With the girls out of school they got to come to the dr with me, and of course they both had to bring their own babies. Nothing like a tiny exam room with 2 wild girls and their baby dolls. And yes, Halle Kate is in a dress. Sometime over Dec she decided she wanted to wear tights….which means she is wearing dresses. We went right to the store and got the girl some tights! If you see her do NOT say anything to her about it, just admire the cuteness.

girls dr

Here are pictures of the nursery. The color looks blue in these pictures but it is actually a light green/teal color. It looks exactly like its name, “watery”.  I found the curtain material at a fabric store and loved it right away. After the girls bright, girly rooms I was ready for something soothing and calm. I LOVE this room.

DSCN5820
I put mom in the family sweat shop again and had her make the curtains. A lady on etsy made the crib bumper. If I end up with time I am making the crib skirt but I forgot how much it won’t show in this crib so making it hasn’t been high on my priority list. Once that mattress drops down again it will have to come out anyway. The furniture was Matney’s for the past 4 years.
DSCN5821
If you enlarge this you can see the prints above the beds. They are the words to “You are my Sunshine” and again, I used etsy. I mailed the woman paint/fabric swatches and she made them to match. That bottom left picture is darker than the rest….maybe not to anyone but me but it is driving me nuts so she’s sending a new one.
The table and lamp I pulled from another room and painted white, then covered the shade with the curtain fabric. Spray paint and hot glue are miracle makers!

DSCN5822

DSCN5824
The opposite wall from the crib. The white lines in the mirror are reflections from the window and not something on the wall. Putting wipes and tiny diapers in that basket sure made it all feel real!

I am still looking for something to put on top of this piece of furniture. The thing on the wall is an old piece of foam board covered in the bumper fabric with a painted “e”. Cheap and easy.

View from the door. This room is pretty small but the big window and vaulted ceiling provide so much light. It is such a peaceful room…or will be until that screaming baby girl arrives!

I went to my 36 week appt yesterday. Ev is head down and has dropped but I’m only 1cm. My iron is really low, which explains why I can’t ever catch my breath, so I’m waiting for a call back to see if I have to go start iron shots or can just add another iron pill. Fingers crossed for the pill! If we want to induce we can by the 31st of Jan or we can wait her out. As ready as we are to hold her, I don’t want to induce unless we have to so I’m going to have to be patient (J can tell you that is not one of my best qualities!) and she’ll get here when she gets here. Hopefully I will be further along by next week’s dr appt!

belly 35 weeks
And here is a picture of the belly at 36 weeks. I took my huge self to the gym with Jared and the girls last weekend. More than once I have had a fabulous running dream. I am so ready to go for a run outside in the sun and get moving again!

1 comment:

A and W said...

Love, love those fabrics!