Thursday, April 23, 2009

Eye Update

I just have a minute but wanted to let everyone know that we are home from Matney's surgery and everything went great. Things happened so quickly once we got there that we (J and I) didn't really have time to get upset until she was gone. Then we just paced the tiny waiting area but it they came to get us quickly. I HATED handing my screaming baby girl to a stranger but I guess you do what you have to do. I can't speak for Jared but we were both really good until we got back to see her in recovery. Seeing our wild and crazy, no nap baby not awake or moving was not fun. She sucked down some Pedialyte while still asleep and then started to open her eyes. Sweet thing. We cuddled while she woke up, met with the dr and got her dressed to come home. We were back in the car by 8am. She's eaten, taken a nap and is climbing all over her Elmo chair. She seems to be her normal self. It may take me a couple more hours to be totally calm!

They said it could take up to a week to be certain that the duct is open and draining so we just pray that would be the case. Otherwise they would need to do the procedure again. A law school friend of Jared's is in town for a couple hours and headed our way for an early dinner so I'm off to the grocery store. No down time in this house!!!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

What a little trooper! I am so thankful that it went well. I'll be praying that the duct opened fully and no more surgeries are needed.