Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am FINALLY Mama!



Just had to share, Matney is FINALLY calling me Mama! Some of you have been around her and know that she's been calling me Stacey for months. She could say "mama" but the only time she called me Mama was when she wanted a bottle. It sounded something like this - imagine a PITIFUL, whining voice and high volume level- "MA MA MA BA BA BA!!!". Not long ago she screamed it just like that the ENTIRE time we checked out at Kroger. That day I called Jared and told him I wasn't ever taking her out again until she was 4.

We figure she started calling me Stacey since that is all she ever heard anyone call me. I've always called Jared "Dada" around her so she learned his name that way. For the past week Jared has been making a big effort to only call me Mama around Matney and she's finally gotten it. I got Mama all day today, when she was happy or mad, and it sounded wonderful!!!

And our big girl has another tooth coming through. She's been waking up at night and took those crazy long naps this weekend (those are long gone by the way) so we should have guessed it was a tooth and not that she's about to become a sleeper. Today she had her tongue to the side of her mouth all day. I was finally brave enough to stick my finger in there this afternoon and sure enough the tip of a bottom 12 month molar is sticking through. That makes tooth number 11. There may be one on the other side already too but I am content with my 10 fingers staying where they are for now!

Other than my dr. appt on Monday and church yesterday Matney and I have been home all week. I would go crazy but I am too exhausted. I made a rule for myself that I couldn't leave the house until everything I could do was off my to-do list. It has been a LONG week but we've accomplished lots. Jared and I are going to make ourselves work hard this weekend to get things done so that after some last baby errands next week we can finally take a weekend to relax. No yardwork, no moving/putting together furniture, no tools and no to-do lists. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Until then we both feel like we got hit by a truck and are ready for bed early! YEA FOR FRIDAY!!!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Congratulations Mama!