Sunday, April 19, 2009

We are so impressed!

Pictures from last weekend. Update below.





Is this not the cutest munchkin you've ever seen? Don't tell us if she's not because we are totally convinced she is precious! This pics are a week old but I have tons of pictures from this weekend...just not on the computer yet. It was very busy for the Healds. Matney and I went to WR on Friday and came back on Saturday (thankful to have made it home after more than 4 hours because of road construction). It was a jam packed trip for us and I promise pictures and details tomorrow. While we were gone Jared introduced his parents to the "Heald Sweatshop" that my mom is all too familiar with. They worked all day in the backyard getting the play area ready for kiddos. It looks awesome and pictures are coming on that one too.
Today we went to church, came home, went back out and met the photographer for family/Matney/pregnant pictures (It was LONG...be glad you weren't there!), I've been to Target twice and right now Jared is taking apart our old bed and putting together the new one...at almost 9pm. The things you do when there is another baby coming soon!
Anyway, before it gets too far away from the events I have to brag on Miss M. Thursday she was standing holding onto my knees and I moved. And she stood by herself through the entire Elmo song not realizing I wasn't supporting her (Note to self- remember this when it is time to ride a bike). I was so excited and kept practicing with her...and by Thursday afternoon she'd taken her first real steps! 5 in a row!!! There have been many times she been holding onto something and taken a step as she fell to the ground but we haven't counted that as "a first" since she they were more automatic as she fell forward and not because she was actively trying to walk. I was SO SAD that Jared wasn't here to see her but she showed him a couple steps when he got home. She has continued to stand on her own and walk through the weekend. WHOOO HOOO!!! "Matney, go bring Mommy a diaper" is next on the list of things to learn!!!

And if that wasn't enough Miss M can count to 3. No kidding. Jared and I don't know what age that is really a milestone for so she could be right on target but we are impressed. If we say "one...Matney, what's next?" She says "two....three". And oh how cute it sounds! We clap and cheer and most of the time she'll do it again. So sweet. She is learning more and more "what sound does a ________ make?". Her favorite is "motorcycle" (yes, Jared taught her that one). When we ask her that she puts a fist up like she's gripping handle bars and goes "ooom, ooom" (vroom, vroom). So cute! Right now it seems like several times a day I'm amazed by something else she's doing that she wasn't doing the day before.

Halle Kate is continuing to grow (I know this because my belly is getting bigger every minute). She is more active now than she has ever been and looks right on track for her due date. My dr. asked if I was interested in inducing the week before her due date at my last appt. I don't think he was being serious but either way...Um, NO! With Matney we wanted to meet her so badly that I would have said yes in a second. This time, as much as we want to meet this baby girl, we need all the time we can get to have things ready here and let Miss M be another day older!

Life at our house continues to be more fun every day but if you saw my to do list you would be glad to not live here! We have lots to accomplish in the next month but we go to bed counting our blessings every night. More to come tomorrow. Just wait until you see Matney's barnyard fun from the weekend! And be looking for a change to the blog. Can you believe it, I HATE the glitter?!?!?

1 comment:

The Rice's said...

Way to go, Matney!! I want to see you!