Saturday, July 11, 2009

First comes love, then comes marriage...

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Stacey with a big, huge, honkin' baby carriage!
Remember a couple posts ago I said I was going to put together our new double stroller? Well here it is and it is huge! Oh my goodness. And I think it is the last step before the minivan, partially because you need a bus to fit it into. This bad boy weighs 40 lbs and is loads of fun to lift in and out of the car. Add 25lbs of Matney and 15+ lbs of Halle Kate and her infant seat and it is a BEAST! I assure you I will NOT be taking it on any long walks around this neighborhood's hills. I am pretty sure that halfway up it's 80+ pounds would come sliding back and crush me like a bug!

I'd been looking at reviews online for double strollers for a while and was really torn about which one to buy. They are expensive and I didn't want to end up with one that I'd hate and never use. Long story short I bought one, got it home and knew pushing around the living room that it wouldn't work. We loaded the girls back in the car and made another trip to Babies R Us to look again. I had ignored this one for a while because it was $100 more than the other options and I am cheap! However, after testing them all I knew this was the only one that really is funtional. So, I came home and looked online. Guess who found this stroller for $9 CHEAPER than the other options?!?! ME! No shipping, no tax and on clearance because this particular fabric is being discontinued. WHOO HOO! I hit "submit order" as quickly as I could so that I wouldn't miss the deal.
After several trips out with both girls I can say that I love this stroller and, even had I not gotten a great deal, it would have been well worth the extra money I would have spent. I know several of you reading will be in the market for a double stroller soon. I promise you girls, I tried them all and this on is worth saving your pennies for!

No comments: