Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Infidelity

I never thought I would type the word infidelity and have it associated with our home. But, it is apparent that a love affair has been building for a while and now the duck is out of the bath tub, so to speak. It pains me to say it but Matney has been cheating on Elmo with Ernie. GASP! I know? Aren't you shocked? It all started with a Sesame Street DVD and a fascination with a certain song inspired by a squeaky, yellow rubber duck.
I caught some of the proof on camera last week. Matney has a set of Sesame Street number cards and she sifts through all 20 of them to find the 2 Ernie cards. This particular day Jared was working on the deck and Matney wanted to show off her new man to Daddy outside.





2 comments:

Lindy said...

That is too cute. I'll never forget my Bert and Ernie slippers I had when I was about three years old. I'm rather partial to Ernie myself. I think Miss Matney has excellent taste!

Gina and Bobby said...

Emma did the same thing. She had a little Ernie doll and we lost it at JoAnne's. So sad. I have a Abby Cadaby doll if you want it for your girls.