Thursday, July 23, 2009

Unhappy Birthday to Halle Kate!



See the hand? Matney is never far away!




Normally its Happy Birthday but Halle Kate said that she did not have a good day yesterday! I took her to the dr and she had one oral vaccine and 4 shots. That is just mean to do to anyone. Poor baby! She was pitiful and slept (or screamed) until this morning. Matney is also getting another tooth and was up and down every 2 hours last night. Fun times at the Heald house!

Halle Kate weighs 9lbs 5 oz (10-25%), is 22" tall (25-50%) and is doing great. The only comment the dr made was about her weight because she only gained about a pound in a month. And I have to admit that I laughed to myself. First we have Matney, the cutest chunky monkey in the world, and now we have a peanut! She is ahead on everything else...talking, smiling, holding her head up...so she (the dr) wasn't concerned and they'll check her again at 4 months.

Right now she eats 3-4oz every 3 hours during the day. She goes to bed around 7pm, sleeps until 12am, eats for an hour, sleeps until 4am, eats for an hour and gets back up around 8am. That wouldn't be bad if Matney didn't think the first sunlight rays at 6am were her cue to get up. Jared told me the other day that I can't complain because HK is a much much much better sleeper already than Matney ever has been. And he's right!

Halle Kate is getting a little better at laying on her mat or her swing. She will at least tolerate a couple minutes alone before she screams. She loves to be outside but hates being in the car, the carseat or stroller. She also is becoming quite the talker. Just after she's had a bottle she will smile and talk for a good while if you talk to her.

We call her our drama queen already. Oh my, she has a scream this is louder than anything I have ever heard. My ears ring and my head pounds for hours after she lets that one out. Thank goodness we don't hear it often...but when we do...

I cannot believe she is already 2 months old...sniff, sniff! As sweet as she is now it is neat to watch her "grow up" and change every day. These next couple months will be so much fun as her personality shows more and more.

No comments: