Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's missing?

Life has been crazy here at the Heald house and I have a picture to prove it!

We moved playgroup to the mall one day so that the kiddos could run around and do something new. I got up at 5:30am to feed the baby and thought "I need to be a responsible parent and stay up to get things ready.". Instead of going back to bed I showered, packed bags and lunches, got clothes ready, fed the girls breakfast loaded the car and by 9am we were ready to roll. At the last minute I remembered that I wanted socks for Matney (they don't wear shoes in the play area) and ran back inside and upstairs to grab them.

Fast forward...we got to the mall right on time at 10am. I hopped out of the car and realized something wasn't quite right. I looked down and this is what I saw....



What's missing??? Um, shoes maybe??? No kidding. I made it all the way to the mall without noticing that I wasn't wearing any shoes. My kids were fed and looking cute but I had no shoes. And the mall is 30 minutes from our house. And I'd spent 3 HOURS getting everything ready and...(I wish I knew how to write this small)... my mom was in town and helping me with EVERYTHING so I wasn't even getting ready by myself. Right now I am hanging my head in shame. That day? I was LAUGHING LIKE CRAZY! I mean, what else could I do?

If you wonder about the end of the story I sure enough did get the girls out of the car, loaded them into the giant double stroller and marched myself across the parking lot, through Macy's to the shoe department and bought some new shoes. And yes, the woman did think I was odd asking her to please not put them in a bag and for scissors to cut the tags off...all the while mom had strollered the girls somewhere not so embarrassing. And,thankyouverymch, we had a good time at the play area (when we eventually got there)!

When we got home were my shoes right at the door where I'd kicked them off to run up and grab M's socks? NOPE! They were in my closet upstairs because I'd never even put them on at all.

So, more pictures and blogging to come soon. Just as soon as I can conquer the necessities!

1 comment:

Amber said...

This is absolutely hysterical!!!