Monday, November 16, 2009

*%^*#@ Dining Room

This is the best "before" picture I have of the dining room. White walls and ceiling and old curtains hanging just to keep the light out. I knew I wanted it a red/orange color and I wanted it painted before Thanksgiving so it seemed like an easy project to tackle while Jared was out of town last week.

I wish I'd taken more pictures along the way. Like the walls painted the first red color that I didn't like. Back to Home Depot we went to get another red.


My poor friend came in town and entered the Heald Family Sweatshop. Sound familiar, Mama? We painted red, bought curtains but didn't like the buttons so they had to be painted black. The curtains were too thin so they had to be lined. We had boards cut to make these squares for the wall. Then we painted white so that the line would look straight where the red touched the chair rail and crown moulding. Then we had to go back and paint red so that the line would look straight where the red touched the chair rail and crown moulding. Then we had to go back and paint white so that the line would look straight where the red touched the chair rail and crown moulding. And then...well, you get the idea. The staight line thing took a LOT of work! And painting the ceiling red...don't even ask about how much fun that was.








By the end it took me and three fabulous friends more than 50 hours of work in that room. I need a few more things for the walls and then we're done. I do think it looks good but I don't know that I will ever want to go in there again.
I could not have done it without your help ladies. Thank you for keeping me sane and being WONDERFUL friends!!!

No comments: