Monday, November 16, 2009

I am becoming an old Southern Lady



I am becoming an old Southern lady...and I love it! For my birthday I got a subscription to Southern Living from my mom. It think it is kind of like the line in Steel Magnolias about growing tomatoes. You know, something like, "I am an other southern lady and old southern ladies are supposed to wear funny looking hats and grow things in the dirt...". Except this is I am becoming an old southern lady and I am supposed to get Southern Living magazine and cook good southern food. The other night I made a spicy Mac and Cheese out of my first arrival and it was yummy! Since then I've made Jared a couple other things (chicken enchiladas, toasted lime and chili pecans) and they have also been really good. I bet when my subscription is up next year Jared will be the one rushing to renew!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Oh honey, my grandmother made sure we all had subscriptions. I think for her the order of importance was 1. The Bible and 2. Southern Living. They really do have the best recipes! There is a cookbook out called "Southern Living: Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites". Order it now, Jared will thank me.

Another funny tidbit about my grandmother. Your subscription would have come to Mrs. Jared Heald. I think every piece of mail I ever sent to my grandmother was addressed to Mrs. W.L. Tomlinson. Last week my aunt gave me a shoebox full of letters that I had written my grandmother from the time I started writing. Every single enveloped was addressed to Mrs. W.L. Tomlinson. It cracked me up! Is that a Southern thing or what?