Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Regularly Scheduled Programming

These are two random pictures because I know pictures are what you came for!


Just wanted to jump on really quick and let you know that we're still here and all doing well. Jared is travelling this month so I thought I'd try and accomplish a few extra things that are easier to do when he's out of town. Up first? Paint the dining room. I'll spare you the details but what I thought would be a fairly simple project has turned into a NIGHTMARE. Starting Monday I was up for 22 hours, slept 3, stayed awake another 18 yesterday...most of those awake hours painting...and it still isn't done. Or pretty. Note to self pay someone to paint red and be thankful for great friends who will come over and help all night and day!

Anyway, one of my best friends from high school is flying in tonight to hang out for a couple days so I'm in a mad rush to get this place put back together (and to make it look like my dining room walls aren't bleeding. I'm telling you, this red is horrible). Just wanted to share a funny story from yesterday. It was 9pm, the girls were in bed and I was downstairs vacuuming. When I turned the vacuum off I heard Matney SCREAMING from her room. Once she's in her bed at night we never have to go back in her room, she is always happy in her bed. I flew up the stairs feeling horrible that she could be hurt and I didn't hear her cry. I threw open her door and she stood up, held up her puppy dog and a kitty sock (he wears kitty socks when she can't wear them. don't ask) screaming "kitty sock, kitty sock!". Yep, the kitty sock had come off of puppy dog's foot and she was HYSTERICAL. I put the sock back on and immediately her crying stopped, she laid down and said "night night mommy". I wanted to scream "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?" but I just closed the door and walked back downstairs shaking my head. Good grief! Night Night Matney.

So, as soon as I sew the kitty socks onto Dog's feet, climb back on a ladder to finish painting my dining room ceiling red, clean the house and find something to feed my sweet friend I'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming and post new pictures. These girls get cuter everyday! And please learn from me. Leave dark red to the professionals.

No comments: