Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to me! I am not normally much of a birthday girl but this year was wonderful. My mom was up here because she turned 60 the day before I turned 30. Neat huh? We had a wonderful weekend and I have to brag on my sweet husband. He went so far above and beyond anything I ever imagined he would do. In the middle of an INSANE work month he listened to his wife act like a girl. Impressive, huh? That has to be a pain, right? That poor man took what he learned (when I really didn't think he was paying attention) and went to the mall...gasp! He shopped for clothes for me at more than one store...Gasp! And booked a trip for us over Valentine's Day weekend...GASP! I cannot explain my shock when I woke up to boxes of clothes from my favorite store, Ann Taylor. Bless him, the only place he has gone with me in three years was a maternity store. I know that wasn't fun for him to do but he obviously cares that I feel good about myself. How sweet is that? And I CANNOT WAIT to go on vacation with him. We really haven't taken a vacation since we got married. Whoo hooo!



As I reflected on turning 30 I wished that my 30 year old self could go back to my 20 year old self and give her a talking to! And I wonder what I would have to learn now if my 40 year old self could come visit from the future?!?! Probably to love my family and count my blessings every single second. Look at these girls! Could I be more blessed?!?! I think not. It is only day 3 but so far I LOVE 30!!!

There are so many of you who made my day special. Thank you all for making me feel so loved...and spoiling me rotten!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Where is the trip to? I'm glad you are enjoying these fabulous days! :)