Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Waiting and Playing

I am waiting on Jared and my friend to get into town and I refuse to go back into the dining room and mess with that paint one more time today so I thought I'd take a second and add some pictures. Last week our friends Allison and Mylee came over to play. Mylee is about 6 weeks older than Matney and talks just as much as Matney, if not more. I guess it was the level of communication that they had because for the first time I saw Matney "play" with another child close to her age. They had the best time. They cooked in the kitchen, read books, sang songs, ate lunch...it was a fun day. They must have gotten tired (well, Mylee, not Matney. She never took a nap that day.) because they played pretend sleep. Mylee would tell Matney to go to sleep, Matney put her head on the bed and "honk-shoo'd" and then Mylee would say "wake up" and they'd laugh. It was so so cute and so much fun to watch. It amazes me every day just how much children learn/grow/change each day.


Mylee teaching Matney to stand on her head!

No comments: