Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just had to share

I don't have a picture to go with this yet but I just have to share. Jared suprised us tonight and came home early. We all went shopping and then to Chick Fil A. On the way home Halle Kate was crying...which means that Jared and I trade off singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" (it gets really old really quickly but it always calms her down). Anyway, I got "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star..." out and got distracted by something. The next sound I heard was Matney in the back seat and she sang EVERY SINGLE WORD to the remainder of the song all by herself. Jared and I were speechless (and teary-eyed) in the front seat. She didn't mess up even one time. Oh, how I wish I'd captured it on film. Maybe she'll do it for the camera tomorrow. I knew she knew most of the words but had no idea she could totally sing it by herself. It was the sweetest, sweetest sound.

Then, we got home a little after 7pm and put the girls down to play for a bit before bed. The next thing we see is Halle Kate CRAWLING after a ball headed across the floor. Oh my goodness! I'd been so concerned I'd be out of town when she started crawling because we could tell she was getting close and now I know I won't miss it! Thank goodness.

Now, I need to go right to bed. I am positive that two mobile children are going to WEAR ME OUT! I may have to call off my early morning dates with Jillian and get some extra rest!

No comments: