Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is she doing?!?!?

I couldn't figure out what in the world Halle Kate was up to the other day. She was folded in half going crazy with her pants leg. I'll let you see the pics before you know what it was. She is a determined little girl!











All that for a button. And yes, I checked and made sure it was on really tight and she couldn't chew it off.

I will try to get more pics on the blog before we leave town Saturday. Just to give you an idea of what's been going on for the past week I'll run through the last day. Yesterday - Get up at 5am with Jared and finish getting everything ready for the girls to have pictures made yesterday (Tuesday). Get tutus and bows completed, gather all sorts of headbands, flower clips, dresses, tights, shoes, snacks and toys for bribes in a bag so that we can be on time for our appt. Take a shower and get dressed before the girls. Get girls up, fed, dressed and listen to Matney scream, "NO BEAUTIFUL DRESS" over and over as she tries to rip her dress off because she wants to stay in her jammies. Get HK down for an early nap so that she'll be nice for pictures. Finish getting M ready, run and grab HK from her bed, come back downstairs to see that M has dumped out the perfectly packed bag mentioned above. Stuff everything back in bag and run out the door with HK still in jammies.

Get to photo appt, change HK's NASTY diaper that she made in the car, get her bloomers on, reach in the bag for her dress and NO DRESS. Yep, bow, bloomers, tights but no dress. Try not cry because I've hunted matching dresses for a month for these pictures. Take pictures with M in her dress and HK in her bloomers. sigh. Get lots of cute pics of HK, get few pics of M. She was horrible and didn't want Halle to be near her at all...which makes getting a picture of them together really tough. Eventually give up and go home. Find Halle Kate's dress in Matney's toy box. Try to remind myself that I'll laugh about this one day. Try to relax after a crazy morning and eat way too much cookie dough from the fridge and feel sick. Girls nap (sort of. Matney seems to think naps are optional these days which has me a little concerned!), have a kick butt workout date with Jillian because of above mentioned cookie dough incident, girls wake up, snack time, clean up time, dinner time, thank the Lord Daddy is home time, HK crawls to Matney's play barn and gets her head stuck, bed time for HK, I run to the mall at 8pm to return a few shirts (did I mention I need clothes for Vegas and have 2 pairs of jeans that fit and that is about it. Someone please tell me where to find black pants that aren't $100 and don't need to be hemmed). Come home, crash in bed.

Up before 6am to be dressed before the girls. Wake HK up early, get M up, breakfast, have Daddy call Matney and tell her to get dressed because she was throwing herself at the front door screaming when I tried to take her jammies off, pack bags, pack the car, put girls in the car at HK's nap time to drive to Jared's office, go back inside 4 times to get "baby puppy, pink puppy, elmo" that Matney was crying for and a paci I forgot. Plan backfires and HK doesn't nap, just screams almost the entire hour to downtown. Show off the girls, sign our wills and POA papers (it is oh so much fun to be an adult), rush back to the car because HK is now 2+ hours past nap time and needs some sleep. Try to start car, it doesn't work. Yell at Jared to come back, sit in 30 degree parking garage while J moves the carseats to his car and jumps my car off after pushing it out of the parking space. Drive back from J's office with 2 screaming girls until HK FINALLY crashes and falls asleep halfway home. Get home, change clothes, diapers, fix lunches, wash bottles, eat, play, take a screaming M to bed, play with HK and take her back to bed...about 15 minutes ago. SHEW! I am worn TOTALLY OUT! And if you saw this house and my list of things to do before we leave you'd know there is no sleep in the near future. So, I'm off to fold the 100+ socks in a pile from all the recently washed laundry. And get Matney out of her bed, I suppose, because she's awake and crying, "mommy, mommy". Don't you wish you were here?!?!?! AGH!!!! And, even in the craziness, I wouldn't change a thing....except a car battery that wasn't dying so that Jared wouldn't have to go get one tonight! And maybe a personal chef, you know, while I'm sitting blogging and day dreaming instead of folding socks!

1 comment:

The Shaw Family said...

Oh my!!! That's all I can say...oh my!!! You deserve a vacation. Please just promise you won't sleep the whole time you are in Vegas!