Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Train to Nowhere...

"The _______ to Nowhere" was the theme for last weekend. The trip/plane to nowhere, the train to nowhere. Ugh. It is time to get moving next week. I don't know what the girls and I are going to plan but it is going to be exciting!
All it took while my mom was here was her hearing, "there is a choo-choo train at the mall Matney loves and hasn't ever ridden" and we were dressed and in the car. Matney made the choo-choo noise for the whole drive and was more than excited to get out of the car and eat her chicken nuggets at Chick-fil-a (another favorite thing) so that she could go ride the train. Watch the progression of the pictures.

The train stops to board and Matney hops on. See the smile?



Still smiling. Here comes the conductor to give us a ticket (read - charge MoMo $4 per person for a 5 minute train ride!)

Hmmm, M's facial expression seems to be changing...where's that smile?

Why the big eyes, Matney? Something wrong???

Time to pay and get our ticket!

Where are the pictures of the moving train? I don't know...probably because we were not on it! Just after this last picture was taken Matney FLIPPED OUT and started crying. The nice conductor stood there while I tried to calm her down. That clearly wasn't going to happen so everyone else on the train waited while we climbed off (not easily or gracefully might I add. The door to that train cabin is tiny!), handed our tickets back and waited for him to give MoMo her money back. Poor Matney was so sweet. I assume she heard me say it to the man first but she looked right at him when he handed us the money back and said "I'm sorry" in the most pitiful voice. And that is the story of my poor, sweet, scared baby girl...and the train to nowhere!

No comments: