Monday, November 15, 2010

Growing up...in pictures

We recently moved Matney to a "big girl bed". Her crib converted to a toddler bed so it wasn't a total change, and we talked about it for over a week before Jared switched the front rail. Honestly, it was a hard change for me, my baby is growing up way too fast! Matney really initiated the change. She started asking for a "big girl bed like Kenzie's" (a friend of hers) and then she was walking in Target, saw Tinkerbell bedding and that was all she wrote! I fought it for a week and then, after she's told every stranger she met that she was "getting a Tinkerbell big girl bed" I headed back to Target to get what she wanted. Just know that her room is pink, PINK pink. Tinkerbell is purple. It doesn't match and it bothers me but she loves it so welcome to the family little Bell. Here are pictures of her room just before J took the rail off so that I can remember what it looked like to have my baby in a crib!




 Here's HK playing in M's bed while I was trying to get things accomplished. M was at preschool.
 M excited about her new bedding. We got it at Target, came home and it was washed and dried just in time for bed. Heaven help my sweet girl, she handles change about as well as her mama. The bedding switch was traumatizing and three times I made the Tinkerbell bed only to have to take it all back out and put it back to normal because M freaked out about new bedding. Eventually I learned to add the pillow, then the sheet, then the blanket one at a time over the course of a few days. Seriously, the screaming and drama was ridiculous...all for bedding that doesn't even match! AGH!
 The "new" bed. Dog tested it out and said it was ok!

 Matney came upstairs and LOVED it (HK is trying to climb as usual). I thought we'd have a really hard time with sleep for a few days but the rail change didn't phase her. She hasn't tried to climb out during naps/night once. What a great girl! The bedding change was horrible but the bed change was nothing. That was the opposite of what I expected. Now that this is out of the way we're about to buckle down and potty train. Fun times ahead!

No comments: