Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast


Matney's class had a Thanksgiving Feast and the parents were invited to attend. A friend (thanks, Amy!) kept HK so that I could go hang out with my big girl alone. Matney greeted me at the door and was very excited to show me her shirt, necklace, hat and placemat. All the parents brought food so we sat and ate with our little pilgrims. The feast was help in the gym at the church and after eating all the kids got up to play...except Matney. Literally every other child was playing (and there were two classes so 25+ kids) and Matney sat in my life, eventually crying that she just "wanted to go to my home". It was pitiful. I tried a few times to get her to play but she got more upset each time. Eventually we went and told her teacher we were leaving and came home. Matney was find when we got home so all I can think is that there was just too much going on that she wasn't used to. My poor girl.



No comments: