Thursday, December 22, 2011

Black and Blue thanks to HK


So, the thought of two weeks without preschool is enough to send all mamas calling friends and trying to schedule any and all play dates. Yesterday we met M's best friend at McDonald's to play at lunch. As we got ready to leave I put HK in the booth and leaned down to put her shoes on...and the exact same moment she jumped up in the booth and right into the bottom of my nose.
Long story short the cracking sound and immediate enormous blood flow brought lots of attention to our table. It was soooo painful and embarrassing! I am a girl, I was with a bunch of girls, and we've never played sports or gotten in fights or had any idea what to do with a bloody nose. Ugh, so gross. There were lots of helpful people and I think McD's wanted me out as quickly as possible so that they could bleach the room. 24 hours later I am sporting 2 black eyes and a crooked nose. I did go to Urgent Care where they said they couldn't do anything for a broken nose and to go to the ER. The ER docs refer you to a plastic surgeon and the plastic surgeon said that unless I wasn't able to breath through my nose I'd need to wait 7-10 days for the swelling to go down before they'd mess with it. So, I spent the remainder of the day with a bag of frozen peas on my face, popping Advil and counting down the minutes until Jared got home.
I started to post a picture but then looked at it and scared myself! I have one normal, open nostril, a nose pointed to the left and one 2/3 way closed nostril...plus those black eyes that I swear were not this dark even this afternoon. If anyone wonders why I don't show up in this year's Christmas pictures please refer back to this post. This being a mom thing is NOT all fun and games!




1 comment:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

Sorry to read about your broken nose! You are right, it hurts. I hope you don't have to have any reconstructive surgery.. I think I will be ok, luckily. Thanks for coming out of lurking to comment :) You have SUCH cute kiddos! Your Christmas recap posts made me smile, all the happy photos :) xo