Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tickets to Santa

We woke up this weekend and found that our elf Ellie left the girls each tickets to see Santa, a map to his village and the paper for their lists. Well, the elf's name is Ellie according to Matney but Michael according to HK. Poor confused elf! Anyway, the girls were so excited. We got in our Christmas dresses and hit the road. Matney wanted to hold hands with Halle Kate...

...but Halle Kate wasn't awake and happy yet.



We had to wait outside for Santa to (ie - the store wasn't open but the line was growing!) and it was cold.

See that picture above? That is a Daddy and a Daddy's girl. Poor Matney does not understand why Jared has to work and wants him home every day. Let me take this opportunity to say that I wish Jared was home with us more but that I am so beyond thankful that I am home with these girls during the week. Some days feel very very very very long but it is such a blessing to see them grow.

We always go to the Bass Pro Shop because Santa and the setting is so pretty. Where else has real reindeer? I also love that all our Santa pictures have the same background and same Santa. Beautiful and fun!

Since the Paci Fairy came Matney has taken up sucking her thumb if she is anxious. I guess some things are a trade off!

HK got a little scared when it was almost our turn. Those girls knew Mama was going for the photo opportunity and Daddy was there for the experience...see who they wanted to pick them up? Mama said "GET ON SANTA'S LAP NOW!". One goal I have for 2012 is trying to enjoy time with the girls more and not be so focused on crossing things off my list.

HK loves Nutcrackers. She has one she carries around and calls him her soldier.

Almost our turn. I love those reindeer!

Matney climbed right up in his lap. HK tried to kick and squirm at first and Santa said "Whoa Mom!" so I took her back. Then she calmed down, sat up straight and told him every thing she wanted. Matney was a little shy but when he handed her a candy cane they became best friends!


I can't even explain how much I love these girls! We did wait in line behind a baby girl maybe a year old....and oh it was sad to not have a baby to put in Santa's lap this year. Our girls are growing too quickly. Jared and I keep trading "baby fever". This month he's the logical one, I wanted to bring that baby girl home!

We looked at the train set while we waited for our picture to print.

As we left we stopped in front of this snowman to take a family photo. The years are passing so quickly. Remember this picture from last year?

1 comment:

Susan and Lee said...

we went there too! That was a great Santa!