Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quick Christmas Recap

We've had a great Christmas around here despite the girls being really sick. As soon as they both sleep at the same time and I can keep my eyes open I'll get more pictures uploaded. The girls started getting sick a week before Christmas and now we've spent almost 3 weeks with 102 fevers, snotty noses, hacking coughs (that make HK throw up everywhere), ear infections, sinus infections, horrible antibiotic induced poop issues and all around miserable girls. We've seen 4 different doctors and picked up 5 antibiotic prescriptions and gone through several bottles of ibuprofen and Tylenol. And don't even get me started on picking up a $25 bottle of medicine for M on Monday, giving her two doses and realizing it is penicillin that she is allergic too. AGH! It's been a long couple weeks! Sickness aside, the girls did enjoy the holiday but not like they would have had they been well. It's going to take BOTTLES of Lysol to get this place clean again!

Here are some Christmas highlights:
Matney made cookies. Hope Santa liked sprinkles because Matney went through several bottles thanks to liberal shaking dumping.

The girls looked super cute in this years' matching Christmas jammies. Thanks Aunt Ickie! MoMo also found musical Christmas toothbrushes. I want to throw them out the window but the girls love them.

Christmas started early because the girls were awake not feeling well. I'd set my alarm to shower at 6am but they beat me up. Once they got close to time for medicine again their fevers got high and they'd wake up miserable.

Santa came!!!
I spent lots of time with my hands on heads checking for fevers.


We made a HUGE mess. It still isn't all the way clean.

And by the afternoon we had a white Christmas. This is the first time in more than 100 years that Atlanta has had snow on Christmas.
And we've spent a lot of time hanging out in our jammies.


I just snapped this picture with my phone because I don't think both girls have even been still at the same time unless they were asleep in bed. These are not two lay on the couch kind of girls. We're hopeful that this new round of antibiotics will make our sweet girls better soon!

No comments: