Saturday, December 18, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!

One of my favorite thing we do each year is have the girls' silhouettes made by a woman who comes to a local store each December. You make a 10 minute appointment and this woman sits in a rocking chair in a tiny closet with paper and tiny scissors and in just a few minutes hands you a perfect silhouette. So talented, right? This year I had the girls done together. First she cut the face part of Matney's profile, then she cut out all of HK and then cut HK's profile into the back of M's head. Isn't it beautiful? I love pictures but I also to the timelessness of a silhouette.
These aren't very good pictures but I had the silhouettes all out of frames one day this week and snapped them then.



 Matney 9 months - 2008
 Matney 21 months - 2009
 Halle Kate 7 months - 2009
 Matney 33 months and Halle Kate 18 months - 2010

If you are interested you can mail her a profile picture and she can cut the silhouette from the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these. I hope the lady lives long enough for you to get a big set.

Grannie Annie