Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sense of Style


Halle Kate sure has her own sense of style. Matney has been working on potty training. HK sees M putting on panties and has to have her own. I made the girls snowman blankets and HK drags her everywhere. They are small, just big enough to snuggle under when they are in their carseats, so at least it isn't big enough to trip her. She's such a funny kid!

We're racing to get ready for Christmas. There is honestly nothing like the holidays with little kids. It has been fun before but this year is so exciting. Everywhere we go the girls are mesmerized by Christmas things . We have deer that live nearby who we often see as we leave the house. Mantey saw the daddy with his antlers as we drove last week and started screaming "I see a reindeer! It is Christmas! He needs his sleigh!". So precious!

I have tried this year to just to the things that the girls enjoy and not stress about the rest. We put the tree up and decorated the mantel for stockings but I'm not doing much else. No set table, no switching out candles. Funny how the things that I used to love to do have changed! If the girls love it, then I love it. I bet next year we even do colored lights on the tree. My, my, times have changed.

As the girls grow I really do want them to see our holiday season focused on family and friends. I don't want to stress about things that don't matter. All that said there are some Christmas traditions that don't cost a lot of money but they sure do take up extra time. Our Christmas cards should finally be here tomorrow. Since we took family pictures so late this year I'm way behind. Late night tomorrow! And I love making homemade gifts, I think they can be so meaningful but they sure to take extra time! Going to Target, loading up my cart and wrapping some boxes would be easier...and the gifts would probably end up in someones trash can before next Christmas. I hope that soon the gifts are done, the house is clean and I have caught up on some sleep. Until then if you notice the bags under my eyes please just ignore them. I don't see them anymore. I'm too busy laughing at my crazy girls!

No comments: