Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Update 6 months

* I snapped this late last night, don't know why having my tongue out helped me take a picture in the mirror :)
Poor third child, it's finally time for a baby update! Except when I am barfing, winded, too big to fit in clothes, getting kicked from the inside, have to pee every 10 minutes, have skin like a middle schooler, can't sleep on my belly, etc I don't even have time to remember that I am pregnant! ha! Actually, while this pregnancy is flying by it does seem like it is going slower than in the past. Maybe it is a cumulative effect of all of them but I feel like I have been pregnant for forever...and we're not much over 1/2 way!
Right now I'm 6 months and all of sudden my belly (and butt!) is huge. I am so thankful to be pregnant in winter again. I cannot imagine doing this when it is super hot outside. Here are some highlights so far...

*I was just as sick this pregnancy as the last times. It started a little earlier - by 6 weeks at the beach I was starting to turn green - and by 20 weeks I finally thought I would live again. The girls spent a lot of time watching TV this summer, ate a lot of junk that they normally wouldn't get and have had a hard time following rules/instruction again because there were lots of things they got away with while I was in the bathroom/on the couch.
*Food cravings so far - spicy stuff the first 6 weeks, Subway, Chewy Sweet Tarts, Sprite while I was sick, and I haven't had many since then. Jared could probably remember other weird things I ate. I was too ill to care!
*Baby girl is a kicking machine inside my belly. Matney felt her the other day and looked at me very strange for the rest of the day.
*I hit the ground running as soon as I felt better. I made pages of "to do before Thanksgiving" lists. Seriously, lots color coded pages (have I ever mentioned how much I love Sharpies? Because I do. A lot.). Jared's favorite is his personal page! I want to be able to relax and enjoy the holidays because as soon as they are over we'll have just enough time to clean up and have a baby. The girls are so much fun at this age that I want to be able to focus on them for the next months.We had lots of fun things planned for summer that did not happen so fall and winter are going to be super exciting around here! That said - mom came up last week and the Heald Family Sweat Shop was open again. More pics to come but I'd already picked out everything for the girls' room and the nursery so there was lots of sewing and staple gunning going on. Looks like a bomb exploded around here right now but in a few weeks this place will look like a new house upstairs.

I can't think of much else. While we're loving these last months as a family of 4 I'm anxious to have this baby and adjust to life as a family of 5!

No comments: