Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SICK

The stomach bug got our poor girls good. Matney woke up throwing up last Wednesday night. She and I stayed downstairs on the couch all night. As the sun came up she finally stopped being sick and was able to fall asleep. Poor baby ran a fever and didn't feel good again for a while.

Halle Kate woke up and was way more excited to have a day with the Ipad than she was worried about her sister. At one point I found her watching brain surgery videos on youtube. She's her own kid alright.

And then a few days later Matney was better. She had all her doll house family (plus some) watching a ballet recital by Fancy Nancy.

HA!

And then poor HK went down. Sickness always seems to be worse for HK and she had a much harder time recovering than Matney. Many many many miles were rocked in my grandmama rocking chair. Such sweet cuddles but it is hard to see your babies sick!
I reminded myself many times how thankful I am for our kids' good health. There are lots of parents having to watch their kids be sick from chemo and horrible illnesses. A stomach bug wasn't anything we would wish for but it is a good reminder of how blessed we are. And I am happy to report that the girls were back in school today and all recovered. I had a pumpkin spice latte and a quiet house this morning. Glorious!  

And Jared? Yep, clearly it was rough around here for him too.

No comments: