Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ladybugs

One of HK's bday presents was a ladybug habitat. When we were little we had ant farms, now there are ladybug domes. Halle Kate's friend Caleb also got ladybugs so we waited and ordered our larvae at the same time so we could raise them together.
 
Finally our larvae turned into ladybugs and it was time to let them go. Our habitat had a little issue - its lid didn't fit tight. I was more than tired of finding larvae crawling across the counter! As soon as everyone was well we took our bugs to be released with their ladybug cousins. Some kids wanted to look at them one last time...

and some kids moved on to coloring books.

Bye bye bugs! Those big black things on the the bottom left are raisins.

Here they go, fly free!!!

Who wants bug crawling on them? These kids!

HK has attached herself to a duckie blanket - she is normally a snuggle bunny but after being held for 72 hours she's really full of cuddles right now. Remember that blanket, Sassy? You sent it before she was born!

And Matney? Matney isn't really that into bugs. She played across the yard in the leaves while the others set their guys free.

And here go our ladybugs into the grass. I made the kids move away from the bushes so I could take better pictures...like the one below. I still can't believe I am a minivan driving mom. Is that really my car???

And then my camera battery died. Bummer! I am trying (for at least this month) to document our days and the blog is the best place for that. I've got the camera charging so I hope to have more updates soon!

No comments: