Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treating

We did our usual Trick or Treating fun with the Meyers for Halloween night. One thing I have learned in my 4 years of being a parent....all those "kid holidays" that as a child you spend days/nights awake looking forward to? Those are the most fun but most EXHAUSTING days for parents! Who knew! Halloween? So much more fun each year watching their excitement but shew! I was worn out last night when we got home!
 
And something to remember for next year? Pizza places are slammed and if you don't buy your pizza at noon you probably won't get dinner. The husbands waited about an hour for pizza that they said would be ready in 20 minutes before we tossed the kids some boxed mac and cheese and threw them in their costumes. It was a stressful start to the night but we recovered quickly once the candy came out!
 


It was really cold and windy so the girls were bundled up. Halle Kate also went back to her monkey costume. So long Spiderman!


 
Love these kids! We said many times last night how great it is to have friends with kids in the same stage of life. Even though I bet we're fired from food for next year since we were in charge of the dinner disaster!

 
Trick or Treat!!!


They were off and running. All of them understood what was going on this year and they loved every second of it! I thought no one would last long in the cold but I was wrong. These kids didn't stop until their buckets were full to the top!





Jared kept trying to get the kids to line up and walk calmly to the next house. Do I need to tell you that this was a hilarious adventure to watch? Those kids were not interested but he kept trying.

The girls were excited to get home and check out their loot. They had tons! And I learned that while M and her Daddy love chocolate but HK likes sweet and sour chewy things. Why is this sad to me? Because I don't like chocolate very much so I always have lots of sour chewies to snag but not anymore. I have some competition with Halle Kate!

No comments: