Monday, October 15, 2012

Big Girl Haircut

Matney has been asking for a while to get her hair cut short...and I totally ignored her because I love her long hair! However, another friend of M's has also been asking for a haircut and her mom ignored her too... so she cut it herself...up to her ear...eeeeeeek! (They both have friends with cute bob cuts they wanted to copy.)  It only took me about 1 day to weigh my options - not take Matney for a haircut and run the risk that she'd cut it herself OR suck it up and head to Sweet and Sassy. Want to guess what I picked?!?!?!?

 I don't have a perfect shot of her after but she has the cutest haircut she's ever gotten. Seriously, it is a week later and all day long we're still telling her how much we like it. She loved it immediately but it took Jared a little while to get used to. Instead of looking like a toddler Matney looks like a big girl! I didn't tell Jared we were going and it only took him about 30 seconds to notice when he walked in the door that night. It's like she grew 3 years in 30 minutes!


Halle Kate was with us but she was not interested in a haircut or glitter spray. In fact, I held her while she held tight to my next the entire time Matney was in the chair. We've survived one haircut in her life but it will be a while before she has another. She did get a heart tattoo on her cheek at the end...and had it wiped off before we were buckled in the car.

No comments: