Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Big Sis/Little Sis

I looked...and looked...and looked for Big Sister/Little Sister shirts for the girls and hadn't been able to find anything I liked. I found a couple cute Big Sister shirts but I couldn't find anything in a smaller size for M (come on people, some kids are born close together!). And then I couldn't find something that would match in Halle's size. Anyway, last weekend I came across a woman in Washington (yep, Washington) online. She customizes the shirts/dresses to be anything you want. I was sold! So, I picked the outfit style and color, the look of the kids on the front, their dress color, skin and hair color, style, etc. When I asked she even changed the smile and eyes on the big sister shirt because I didn't like any of the options. How nice was that? She makes a bow for the big sister and I had her specially make me a bow to match for the little sister too. How perfect are these?!?!?! I LOVE THEM! I can't wait to see Matney in this to come meet her little sister.


The only thing that bothers me is that Matney's name is written in black and Halle's is pink. I wonder why? Oh well, she made and shipped them in one week. I can't complain.


Sunday we enjoyed a quiet Mother's Day at home. We went to church and then came home and hung out together. Jared and Matney gave me flowers and lots of little containers of ice cream...easy to buy a gift for a really pregnant mama! There might have been several more flavors but I didn't take a picture before I started tasting. Friday night Jared kept Matney so that I could go out with the girls for dinner. Then Saturday morning my mom got me a gift card to get a pedicure so my friend Allison and I got our toes done and had a yummy breakfast...all while Jared kept Matney again. It was wonderful to spend Sunday at home with my family and to have some "last chance" girl time before there are 2 little ones at home.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The outfits are SO cute! Love the name Halle Kate by the way :) Looks like we'll both have our little girls here very soon!

The Shaw Family said...

Those outfits are PRECIOUS!