Thursday, May 7, 2009

PIGTAILS!

Jared has been asking more and more lately why I never have Matney's hair in pigtails since it is long enough. Honestly, because trying to get one rubber band in her hair is HARD. She doesn't sit still well at all! And, I'd need to part it that way as soon as she is out of the bath and I never remember. The more he asked the more I realized he was really hinting that he'd like to see some pigtails on his little girl. When I knew he was on the way home last week I gave her a bath and pulled her hair up. We meet him at the door and he loved them. She is pretty stinking cute...and they don't even have bows in these pictures.






In other news we're just trying to get things done. I have been carrying a notebook with pages and pages of lists for the past couple weeks and I think I'm down to 1 double page spread. Whoo hoo!!! My Aunt Kathy and cousin Christina came over Tuesday and hung out. Christina helped me get things on the wall in Halle's room and we could hear Matney squealing and laughing with Aunt K downstairs. Matney was WORN OUT by naptime that afternoon. Christina and I ran to Target and got the rest of everything on my list. She even noticed diapers on clearance that were just Matney's type and size. By the time we checked out things were falling out of the cart it was so full. But, Matney has diapers for the couple months...CHEAP!!! They brought stuff to cook us dinner and as Jared walked in the door that night they were handing us a warm, yummy dinner and walking out the door. It was great! We put M to bed and enjoyed a nice hot dinner (that I didn't cook which means Jared liked it) by ourselves. THANKS LADIES! Jared took the first bite and said, "they are welcome back anytime". We only live about an hour apart but rarely ever get together so it was great to see them.

We had our normal day at church yesterday, went to Costco today and are all stocked up. Crystal Light and Fiber One chocolate bars are "must haves" in this house and we have enough now for 2 months! The house is pretty picked up and I'm running some last minute errands tomorrow. Then our bags will be packed and we'll just be waiting on Halle Kate. Poor Jared left for work this morning about 3:45am and expects to be working past dark. It is great that he's able to get hours built up to take time off but I know he is exhausted. The plan for the weekend is to have NOTHING to do. We have been going and going so this weekend we reserved to just be here. I hope the weather is nice and we can spend most of our time outside.
Plus, Jared called a little while ago and said "why don't I come home early tomorrow to keep Matney and you call the girls to go out?". Um, DONE! Don't know where we will go or what we'll do but I am going to beg them (or their husbands if necessary) to come out with me!

No comments: