Friday, March 27, 2009

Cheese Pictures

In one of the rare moments that Matney hasn't been screaming this week I managed to snap a couple pictures of her cheese raid. Look at those chunky legs! Do you really think she needs all that cheese?!?! So cute! Now that she knows she can do it once the fridge door opens she races in the room and tries to get to the cheese before I shut the door.

She really has been hard this week. She screams and cries and doesn't want to be anywhere except my lap. By Tuesday night I was feeling really sorry for her and just knew that she was either really hurting from a tooth or getting sick. Then Wednesday Jared took the day off. He got her up and played with her while I got ready for Bible Study and you know what? She was fine. Laughing and playing with her Daddy. We, she and I, headed to church and Jared spent a couple hours working on the playset. And at church? She was fine. We came home she ate outside with Daddy...and she, of course, was all smiles. Then we went to the eye dr (more details below), came home and headed back to church for dinner and our marriage class and, you guessed it, she was great. She even ate a baby size nutrigrain bar, an adult nutrigrain bar, 4 chicken nuggets, peas, a slice of cheese, countless strawberries and cheerios for dinner. We came home and put her to bed and I was so glad that she seemed better.

Yesterday I got her up and by the time she got downstairs she was fussing and crying again. I fed her, went through the normal routine and she was still awful. So, what does that lead a mama to think? She is BORED in this house with the same old mama and the same old toys. When Daddy is here or she is out of the house then things are different and she's back to happy Matney. Is that annoying or what? We had some tough mother/daughter moments yesterday but I am pretty convinced that she isn't sick or hurting. We've been stuck inside for days with the rain so we're headed to hang out with some other kiddos for an hour or two this afternoon. THANK GOODNESS!!!

And about the eye dr... Matney definitely still has a clogged tear duct and will be having surgery on April 23rd to correct it. This is not something that Jared or I want to have to do. They had originally recommended we do the surgery when she was 7 months old but we waited until she was a year just to make sure it wouldn't open on its own. It hasn't so we're praying that she has no reactions to the anesthesia and that the surgery is successful. The dr said that kids are ready for 6 Flags by the afternoon but that parents often need the mental ward. Jared and I at least hope we get to share a room there that morning!

So, that's been the week at the Heald house. I couldn't sleep last night and have been up since 2am. ugh. What a yucky, rainy day to be so tired. I hope she behaves and plays nice with her friends today. I will let her take a piece of cheese for a snack and she will be fine!



1 comment:

Lindy said...

I love these pictures. Matney has this look on her face like "Yeah, Mama, I am going for the cheese. What are you going to do about it?" What a precious baby girl!