Monday, March 30, 2009

Its a ...leech???

No, it isn't really a leech...its a GIRL STILL! Thank goodness! We went for an ultrasound today and confirmed that we are still growing a little girl. There was some concern about her size at my last dr. visit since I haven't gained any weight so we went for some kind of growth check ultrasound. Baby Halle Kate is definatly related to her sister because she is in the 87th percentile for size and measuring closer to 34 weeks than the 32 weeks that she is. Looks like we may have another chunky monkey on our hands! We didn't tell anyone about the dr's concern because we didn't want anyone to worry if there was no reason to worry. Now we know that everything they can see right now checks out perfectly.

I talked to my dr for a while after the ultrasound and he said that unless he sees a reason that he isn't going to worry about her weight or my weight again and I should just keep eating. So, baby HK must be like a leech on the inside sucking up everything I eat. And Matney is certainly like a leech on the outside as I haul her around and she eats everything in the house. Dreamland BBQ and I already have a date in a week in a half and I can't wait. Slab o' Ribs here I come!!!

Jared took the ultrasound pics to his office to scan. As soon as he emails them to me I'll add them to this post. I do have to tell you that when they started the ultrasound he said, "If you look and tell us its actually a boy that would be ok." HA! Sorry honey. You and estrogen are about to get real close. I bet it won't be that long before there are pictures of Jared with bows in his hair and pink toenails on this blog! Now we (ok, I) can move forward with another girly nursery and not worry she is going to be a he....just a leech!

1 comment:

The Shaw Family said...

We are so glad to hear that everything is alright with you and Halle Kate!