Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Go Daddy Go!

What has Matney found? She is looking into the backyard at something. I wonder what it could be???



"Look Mom!"

Matney found Daddy! What's he doing???

This is why I am glad to be a girl sometimes. Had we had a thermometer in the yard I would have taken a picture of the temperature as Jared put together the swing set this weekend. It was 44 degrees, WINDY and cloudy all day long. Did I mention he was outside from 9:30am until 6:15pm??? No lunch, no breaks...just a cold, determined Daddy!
Several of the steps called for two people. Does that deter my husband? Nope! I didn't see him for a while until I went to the kitchen window. He was in the mud with part of the set proped against the fence so that he could keep working without another person. I call it stubborn, he says determined!

And, 16 hours later (some of the work had been done the week before in the garage), HERE IT IS! It has a fort top, a slide and will have swings and a glider. There is a bench and table under the fort and several cool kid things inside the fort itself. We know our girls won't be playing on all of it just yet but this should last us years. And it will be great when our friends are over with their older kiddos. We're excited!

We knew we wanted to get Matney a swing set for her birthday and had been watching them at several prices. About 2 weeks ago this one went on sale at Toys R Us and we snagged it! It holds 3 swings but came with "big kid" swings so until the baby swings are here it isn't totally finished. The cheapest I could find baby swings was $25 each but Mom found (and argued with the lady) at Toys R Us on Sunday on sale for $22 and BUY ONE GET ONE! So, we have 2 baby swings on the way for only $22! Way to go Mom!

No comments: