Monday, March 30, 2009

Matney's new words

These pics are a couple weeks old but I know not to post without pictures! Matney and Daddy on a weekend morning when I came downstairs. Who is surprised they are on the Elmo chair? Pretty soon I bet they'll be sitting eating pancakes together. How sweet.

Matney's woke up this morning and came downstairs, ate breakfast and as I got her out of her chair she pointed to my eye and said "eye". SHOCK! Jared and I both turned and asked her to do it again...and she did, clear as a bell. We asked her to find her nose, head, ear, etc to distract her from eye and see if she could do it when asked later...and she did! Then this afternoon she was pointing to the cabinet where we keep her things, food, bottles, etc and I couldn't figure out what she wanted. I eventually grabbed a bag of baby cookies and said, "cookie?". And she smiled and said, "cookie" and reached for the bag. I did the same thing as this morning, pulling different things out of cabinets and drawer, until coming back to the bag of cookies. When I asked her what it was she said, "cookie" and smiled. Oh, it is never going to be quiet in this house again! What a big girl.

Her clearly spoken words are dada, baba (bottle), cheese, keys, kitty, ball...um, I don't remember what else. There are several that we know what she is trying to say, like baby, but they aren't clear to anyone but us. She is trying very hard to say "puppy" and "paci". She gets the "pu" sound out but can't quite get the rest. She is also working on "sissy" (sister). She's done it good a couple times but not always. Maybe that will be easier when there is a sissy here to relate the word to. She is growing up so fast!



1 comment:

Lindy said...

I love Matney's expressions! I also love that brightly colored toys are beginning to take over your living room/den! Did you ever think an Elmo chair would hold such precendence in your home? I love how children change our hearts and make us so much more laid back. Matney is so beautiful!