Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Halle Kate's Room

Ok, these really aren't of her room because she doesn't have much of a room yet. Well, she has the 4 walls and roof that came with the house otherwise...time to get moving! Jared has already measured and cut the chair rail and we'll put bead board up, kind of like Matney's room but probably a foot higher, or just above the light switch. It will be painted white. The remainder of the walls will be painted one shade lighter blue of her bedding (see below). I wanted something totally different than Matney's pink, pink, pink and finally found this blue set from Pottery Barn Kids. I don't love the flower applique square (ok, I can't stand it) but I love the rest of it and will try to play that up and hide the other!

We have several things for the walls that people gave us for M's room that ended up being too much pink on pink so I think those things will end up in Halle Kate's room. I need to find material for curtains so if anyone has any ideas about where to find material with blue and pink let me know!

Don't forget that you can double click on any of the pictures to make them bigger.


bedding and accent pillow case

close up of quilt (notice that I am hiding the flower squares)

entire quilt

No comments: