Sunday, March 1, 2009

Matney's First Birthday Party

Matney seemed to have a great time at her party. There were several other kids here and she was on the go as soon as she came downstairs. She played and played with the other munchkins and did not want to be stopped or held...unless someone was going to give her ice cream!

Family picture with Matney's cake

Isn't she the prettiest little girl ever?!?! I know I am her mama but she is beautiful.

Matney in her Birthday Girl hat.

This is Matney with Abby, Rose's daughter. Abby is Matney's FAVORITE person.

Matney with Jared's parents.

Matney had just woken up and came downstairs in her pretty dress.

This is the only picture I have of Matney standing so that you can see her whole dress. My mom found the dress online and got it for her. Isn't it (and the matching bow) so crazy cute?!?! The "candle" on the top of the cake is the number one and it came with numbers 1-5 to replace the one with as long as it fits. I think you may see it again at future birthday parties. I LOVE IT!

When Matney saw that Abby was holding Erica's daughter Blaire she crawled across the room and Abby had to carry them both. Jealous you think? I wonder what she'll do when her sister gets here!

My grandmama, Mom, me and Matney


What I don't have a picture of is the clock that night when Jared and I were getting into bed. The time would be embarrassing! It has been such a crazy, stressful month and we were exhausted. Her party started at 3pm and by 6:45pm our house was clean again, all the dishes done and food put away (THANK YOU MOM AND ROSE!!!!) and it was just Matney, Jared and myself. We took a load of stuff upstairs, got Matney to sleep and were in the bed!

Thank you thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate Matney's first birthday. We are so blessed to have such great friends and family.

No comments: