Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Daddy can make anything better!

I will let the picture progression explain...


Not a great picture but this is Matney in my lap starting to pitch a FIT. I wonder what she wants???

Hmmmm...Daddy is working on something. Do I see Elmo on the floor?

Mine? You mean it is MINE, Daddy???

WOW!

CHECK ME OUT MOMMY!!!

Sunday afternoon we went to Toys R Us to look for a swing set for Miss M. Jared had never been in that store with her before and they were so much fun to watch. Matney gets so excited by everything you show her or let her touch. I was a couple rows behind looking for something and when I caught up with J and M they were looking at chairs. Before I knew it Matney's Daddy (aka Big Fat Sucker for his baby girl) was looking at Elmo chairs that fold out into "beds" and have a blanket cover. If you'd asked me a year ago (heck, 6 months ago) I would NEVER have thought Jared would have turned into such a sucker. It is so sweet to watch them together. When Matney hears the garage door at night she gets so excited and rushes to the gate saying "Dada, Dada". (Of course, I am singing the Hallelujah Chorus in my head but that isn't as sweet!)
Anyway, back to the story, the Elmo chair landed in the cart with a very excited Miss Matney. I washed the cover when we got home and after she'd had a nap she came downstairs for Daddy to put it back together. She pounced on it before he had it zipped all the way and hasn't moved since. Seriously. And it is Tuesday. She'll go grab a book or toy from across the room and carries it back to her chair. Right now she's been sitting on it all morning and she is "reading" a book. I think I may have to put it up for a little while each day so that she will get moving around again. She LOVES her chair and is so excited to be sitting on Elmo!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

That is so sweet! Miss Matney loves having her very own chair. I had to chuckle a little bit when you mentioned washing the chair cover; I would have done the same thing! Before you mentioned that you had done that I was thinking about the chair in the cart and germs and well, you know how an OCD mind works! We have got to get together soon!

Jared & Stacey said...

Oh, no no no! There was no way I was going to bring home something that couldn't go STRAIGHT into a really hot washer and dryer. YUCK! You and I are very much on the same wavelength. HA!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I almost bought that chair for Avery....her bday is Sunday and she is having an Elmo party. I wanted to get her Elmo presents, so I got her Elmo in Grouchland DVD and an Elmo chair that spins and sings. It looks like Elmo and is covered in his fur.